Treating addiction and problem gambling in a Christian environment
Calvary builds its program upon Christian principles and 12-step programs. This foundation encourages a renewed relationship with God and provides a path for healing and change. Calvary Addiction Recovery Center's treatment program is for men and women, 18 years and older, who:
- Are in search of a Christian or spiritual 12-step program for drug addiction and problem gambling
- Struggle with relapse or dual diagnosis (other psychological disorders)
- Are looking for a nurturing, safe environment to begin a new life in recovery
Addiction as a Disease
We believe addiction is a disease that is chronic and progressive. It is a disease that affects the whole person: physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. An alcoholic, addict or problem gambler is often in denial, and is not able to recognize that their substance abuse and problem gambling has become uncontrollable. Once they recognize their powerlessness and that they need help, the recovery process can begin.
Recovery is Possible
Recovery is a personal journey. Each person who enters Calvary Addiction Recovery Center's program is expected to participate in their treatment planning and take responsibility for his or her behavior and decisions. Our clients are encouraged to:
- Make a commitment to a life-long recovery program
- Recognize their own personal relapse symptoms
- Pursue a closer relationship with God
- Understand how substance abuse and problem gambling has affected their life
- Acquire the tools necessary to maintain a sound recovery
We believe recovery is possible, and this process of transformation starts at Calvary.